Sunday, August 10, 2008

Snowman Stampede 10-mile 2008

For my February race this year I ran the Snowman Stampede 10 Mile, the last event in the Winter Distance Series put on by Colorado Runner. This race, which I had never run before, was at Cherry Creek State Park. It was a beautiful, sunny and warm day, lucky for late February.

As usual, I started out more aggressively than I should have. I found myself "pacing" two guys who were running the 20 mile event. They would run for 3 minutes, then walk for 1. As a result we spent almost the entire time leap- frogging each other, jokingly saying "Tag" each time.

I started to burn out around mile 6 and had to adjust my pace to about 10:30. This wasn't too bad; I still finished the race within 10 minutes of my goal time.

Oh yeah,and Colorado Runner got this really awesome picture of me out on the course which they published in the May/June 2008 issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment