Sunday, August 10, 2008

Denver Marathon 2007

When I ran the Denver Half Marathon in 2006 it was a lovely cool autumn morning. The sun was shining in a clear sky, and even though I wasn't feeling 100% I was enjoying the experience.
In the days leading up to the Denver Marathon in 2007 the weather was very promising--clear skies and warm temps.

The day of the Marathon, however, was anything but. Ya gotta love Colorado: drizzly rain, temps in the upper 30's to low 40's the entire time. But I wasn't too discouraged to start; I figured I could run through it, no problem. I'd run in worse, or at least as bad.

I can say with pride that I made it more than halfway--16 miles out before I really started to hurt. But at that point I had to stop running. Not wanting to crap out, I walked the last 10 miles of the course, with a few bursts of slow jogging, and a final kick for the last 2 blocks. I was glad to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment