Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bolder BOULDER 10k 2008

Parking in Boulder on Memorial Day is always nearly impossible, but so far I've been very lucky and managed to get someone else to do the driving. This year was no exception. I took the Miller Lite Bus up to Boulder with my friends from the Irish Snug Runners Club. There was plenty of food and drink on the bus (including free beer for after the race!), so I topped off my tank with some water and a banana. I was ready for a solid race this year.

After a quick warmup jog and stretch, I was ready to begin. Slowly the line moved forward until my wave--EE--was at the start. The gun fired, and I was off! As usual I zoomed out too quickly, setting a pace that I wouldn't hold for the rest of the race. Unfortunately I had no idea exactly how fast I was going, since my Garmin chose that morning to crap out on me ("Batteries dead? How is that possible? I charged it yesterday! Aargh..."). Oh well. Nothing wrong with running by feel. And, although the rest of my miles were slower than the first, all of them were sub-10 minute pace.

My final time this year was 55:27, making this my second-fastest (to date) 10K race.

No comments:

Post a Comment